The Department of Radiology,
Radiology and Research Administration of Henry Ford Hospital.
One Ford Place Building,
2F, Image Analysis Lab,
Room# 79, Henry Ford Hospital,
- I have an interest in a wide range of physiological measurements in the brain and heart using MR Dynamic Contrast Enhanced (DCE), Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT) imaging and Positron Emission Tomography (PET) techniques.
- My recent academic interests are the quantification of cerebral permeability in human and rat models of stroke and cerebral tumor using MRI contrast agents, measurement of cerebral blood flow, transfer rate, blood volume, mean transit time, arterial input function modeling, pharmacokinetic modeling, model averaging, adaptive models and applications of artificial intelligence (AI) in DCE-MRI data analyses.
- I am also actively working on the outcome prediction of stroke infarction from acute DCE and non-DCE MR information in human using different statistical and analytical modeling.
- I am familiar with brain lateralization for Epileptic patients as well as Radiotherapy Treatment (RT) planning and shielding.
- Since 2009, I have been studying MR quantitative biomarkers of drug efficacy for RT and anti-angiogenesis drugs in breast cancer and brain tumor patients.
- I have technical expertise in applied mathematics and scientific applications programming and have developed, maintained, and documented NeuroPipes, a standard suite of reconstruction, post-processing, and filtering programs for MRI data acquired on different MR consoles/machines (7T and 3T).
2007- 2010 Ph.D.
- Biomedical Sciences, Medical Physics, Department of Physics, Oakland University, Rochester, MI
1993 - 1996 MSc.
- Nuclear Engineering (Application in Medicine) Department of Nuclear Engineering, Amir-Kabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
1988 - 1993 BSc.
- Bachelor of Science- Applied Physics (Solid State) Department of Physics, Isfahan University of Technology, Isfahan, Iran
Positions and Employment:
2001 - 2006
- Senior Research Associate in Stroke Program Project at the Neurology Department of Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI USA
2006 - 2010
- Research Scientist-I /Academic Instructor of the Neurology Department at Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI USA
2010 - 2013
- MR Medical Physicist - Assistant Professor, Research Scientist Level-II with the department of Neurology at Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI USA
2013 - Present
- Senior Staff, MR Medical Physicist with the department of Radiology & Research Administration at Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI USA.