Faculty of Medicine,
Ibni Sina Hospital,
Central Clinical Microbiology Laboratory.
Bacteriology; Molecular Microbiology; Mycobacteriology; Bacterial epidemiology
- Dr. Ebru Us holds a graduate degree in Medicine; a Specialist degree in Microbiology and Clinical Microbiology from Ankara University.
- She was promoted to assistant professor at Ankara University in 2010 and associate professor in 2011.
- She has seventeen years experience of microbiological research and education.
- This includes experience of designing, validating, operating and resulting a range of microbiological tests including bacterial, mycological and mycobacterial cultures and microscopic examination of various specimens (Gram, methylene blue, Giemsa, Ehrlich-Ziehl - Neelsen-stained or native), serological tests such as enzyme immunoassays, chemiluminescent microparticle immunoassay (CMIA), indirect agglutinations, as well as molecular diagnostic tests including HIVRNA, HBVDNA, HCVRNA, B19DNA, JCDNA, BKDNA, CMVDNA, EBVDNA, MTBDNA.
- She also has two years experience of laboratory diagnosis of autoimmune antibody testing such as indirect immunofluorescence (IIF), immunoblotting techniques use antibodies, and enzyme immunoassays.
- In addition, she is experienced in environmental monitoring and bacterial epidemiology performing by pulsed field gel electrophoresis.
- She is a tutor with the School of Medicine, University of Ankara for the medical specialties education in Microbiology and Clinical Microbiology.
- She serves on several national and international committees relating to microbiology and clinical microbiology, organ transplantation and external and internal quality control programs.
- She has also undertaken several technical writing and review projects.
- She has written book chapters, peer reviewed papers and technical articles relating to bacterial epidemiology, molecular microbiology and mycology.
- She has also delivered papers to internal and international conferences.