The brain is the most complex organ which governs almost all activities in human body. Thus, the mental fitness has high level of importance in every day workouts. The good activities for long-term brain health include performing regular exercises such as a simple walking for 10 min at each day. More importantly having good level of diet can keep the brain workouts in an ideal situation. Indeed, taking enough rest can enhance the brain performances. Listening to the desirable sound of music could also enhance concentration and improve the mood. In overall, these aforementioned life style modifications significantly can easily boost the brain power and its healthy function through different aspects in daily life.
Copyright © 2019 Nasim Habibzadeh
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
The brain is the most complex organs in body which is made up of many different and connected parts. In the brain, the cerebrum, the brainstem and the cerebellum are the most largest parts that are connected through nervous systems 1 (Figure 1). The brain control and coordinates the most activities in human body. It processes the thoughts, memories, sensing and any actions in body. In fact, the brain and its nervous system activate all tasks in human body 2. Nonetheless, one of the most important question is that how the brain should be activated to initiate its function in an optimal way at all ?
The brain is extremely a sensitive organ in human body and for producing an optimal work, it necessitates to be in a good working conditions 3. Optimal sleep in 24 hours at each day for example boosts better brain function and improves quality of life 4. Taking bath daily is another activity which enhance the brain performances and increase mental power. Walking also is a simplest form of physical activity which easily can cause the brain to release hormeses such as endorphins which decreases mental stresses and improves mind effectiveness. Further, walking activity as enhances the oxygen supply in brain space, promotes optimal brain workouts 5. Likewise, listening to a desirable sound of music will advocate the center of attentions 6. More importantly, good nutrients consumptions and drinking enough water strengthen the brain cells for more powerful performances at any tasks or movements at each day 7 (Figure 2).
Preserving the brain health is a vital task since the brain govern almost all actions in human body. The brain efficiency can improve through activities such as performing some exercises such as simple 10 or 20 minutes walking at any comfortable paces. Utilizing good nutrients empowers the brain cells abilities. The brain well-being and health can improve through enough bed - rest and a comfort Spa also. Listening to the music boost mental power while working as well. These simple strategies can easily maintain the brain in good condition during various daily workouts.
- 1.S J Leask, T J Crow. (1997) How far does the brain lateralize?: an unbiased method for determining the optimum degree of hemispheric specialization. , Neuropsychologia 35, 1381-1387.
- 2.Demirakca T, Cardinale V, Dehn S, Ruf M, Ende G. (2016) The exercising brain: changes in functional connectivity induced by an integrated multimodal cognitive and whole-body coordination training. Neural Plast. 8240894.
- 3.M A Boksem, T F Meijman, M. (2005) Effects of mental fatigue on attention: an ERP study. , Cogn. Brain Res 25, 107-116.
- 4.N C Berchtold, Chinn G, Chou M, J P Kesslak, C W. (2005) Exercise primes a molecular memory for brain-derived neurotrophic factor protein induction in the rat hippocampus. , Neuroscience 133, 853-861.
- 5.Habibzadeh N. (2015) The effect of music on mental and physical performance Acta Kinesiologica,(Suppl.1) 9.31:. 31-34.
- 6.Gómez-Pinilla. (2008) Brain foods: the effects of nutrients on brain function. , Nat Rev Neurosci, Jul 9(7), 568-578.