Truman Medical Center/UMKC School of Medicine
M. Javed Ashraf
Dept of Cardiology
2301 Holmes St
Kansas City, MO 64108
Obesity and cardiovascular diseases
- Dr. Ashraf is an interventional cardiologist at Truman Medical Center (TMC) as well as an assistant professor of medicine at the UMKC School of Medicine.
- He practices cardiovascular medicine, interventional cardiology and peripheral endovascular intervention.
- Board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in internal medicine, cardiology, interventional cardiology, vascular medicine and endovascular, he is also board certified in cardiology nuclear medicine.
- Dr. Ashraf’s research interests include PVD and peripheral vascular intervention and atherosclerosis, obesity and ethnic variations.
- He has presented numerous abstracts at regional and national internal medicine and cardiovascular meetings and is involved in a number of clinical trials.
- Dr. Ashraf received his medical degree from Punjab Medical College/Punjab University, Pakistan.
- He did his postgraduate medicine training (MRCP) at Royal College of Physician London, UK, and Royal College of Physicians Dublin, Ireland.
- He went on to complete an internal medicine residency at Tufts University in the Baystate Medical Centre in Massachusetts.
- From July 2005 to June 2009, Dr. Ashraf completed a fellowship in cardiology followed by a fellowship in interventional cardiology, both at Tufts.
- He also received a Master in Public Health (MPH) from the University of Massachusetts in 2008.
- He joined the UMKC School of Medicine and TMC in 2009.