The First Affiliated Hospital of Jinan University
613 Huangpu Avenue West,
Tianhe District, Guangzhou,
Guangdong Province (Postal Code: 510630).
Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, Gastrointestinal Surgery, Thyroid Surgery, Hepatobiliary Surgery, Hernia Surgery, Anorectal Surgery, General Surgery
- Dr. Wah Yang is currently a surgical specialist in the Department of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery of the First Affiliated Hospital of Jinan University, Guangzhou, China, which is one of the largest bariatric centres in China.
- He trained as a laparoscopic general and bariatric surgeon under the supervision of Prof. Cunchuan Wang, a pioneer of laparoscopic surgery in China and the current President of Chinese Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (CSMBS).
- Dr. Yang is also currently undertaking a PhD at the State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine at the University of Hong Kong.
- He has authored articles in peer-reviewed journals both in general surgery and bariatric surgery as well as written book chapters in obesity surgery, laparoscopic surgery and thyroid surgery.
- He has been invited to present, moderate and do live surgery demonstrations at national and international conferences.
- He organised the 24th IBC Symposium that was held at the CSMBS Annual Congress in Guanghzhou, China on September 15t, 2017, the first IBC event in China.
- He also has patents of medical equipment which is widely applied in clinical practice.