Palestinian territory, occipie
Work: College of Pharmacy, Al-Quds University, Jerusalem, Palestine.
Home: Ramallah, Palestine
- Design, synthesis, characterization and in vitro and in vivo kinetics of pro-prodrug systems to be used for the delivery for certain drugs that have poor water solubility or/and have low bioavailability using ab initio, DFT, semiempirical, molecular mechanics as well as molecular dynamics and conformational dynamics methods.
- Design and synthesis of linkers to be used for masking bitter taste of drugs that contain a hydroxyl or amine groups (antimalarial, anti-hypertension, anti-bleeding, antibacterial and anticancer drugs) using DFT calculation methods.
- Design and synthesis of bitter taste antagonists for inactivation of the bitter taste receptor 14.
- Pharmaceuticals removal from wastewater using clay micelle complex, hollow fiber, spiral wounds, charcoal and other adsorbents.
- Pharmaceuticals removal from wastewater using photodegradation methods such as light/TiO2.
- Stability of Pharmaceuticals in wastewater and isolation and characterization of degradation products (metabolites).
- Hadassa Medical Award (Jerusalem)-1983
- Distinguished Scientist (Santa Barbara, USA)-1992
- Distinguished Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences (Jerusalem-Palestine)-2013
- American Chemical Society
- Sigma XI
- Palestinian Health Ministry- GMP Committee
- Palestinian Pharmacists Web (Editorial Board Member)
- Arab Israeli Scientists Committee(Member)
- International Doctorate Program-Italy (Committee Member)