General Guidelines For Reviewers
Manuscript Evaluation Checklist
(during evaluation please check for these qualifications for maintaining the quality of the manuscript)
Title: Should be readily understood, clear and concise, informative and related to the content.
It should be checked for the hypothesis to be clear and concise along with stating the problem. The hypothesis, or purpose, should be included in the first paragraph, usually in the last sentence.
Methodology is to be clearly identified and described briefly.
Results must be summarized; also data and statistics should be included where necessary.
Conclusions and findings should be stated.
Introduction is to be checked for the following:
Early introduction of the general problem
Precisely stated questions that are to be answered
Clear and concise hypothesis
Reachability of the problem
Preciseness of the hypothesis
Identification of the assumption of the study
Operational identification of pertinent terms
Significance of the problem discussed
Justification of the research
Brief summary of relevant literature and its implications for the research problem under study
Relevance of the citation and its pertinence to the research problem including the time factor.
Citations must provide rationale for research and should also be a primary source.
Relationship of the problem to previous research should also be made clear.
Methods and Materials
The subject population should be described.
If the subjects are humans or the sample was drawn from humans it is mandatory to obtain an informed consent or institutional review board approval. Please check for the necessary.
If the subjects were animals, were appropriate standards of human care followed, with animal care review committee approval?
The following statement must be contained if animals were utilized:
All animals received care in compliance with the “Guide for the Care and
Use of Laboratory Animals” published by the National Institutes of Health
(NIH Publication 85-23, revised 1985.)
Justification of the sampling method.
Method of data collection must permit sufficiently for the judgment of their appropriateness for the study presented.
Appropriate design to study the hypothesis or questions.
Inclusion of proper controls where appropriate.
Variables should be mentioned unambiguously and identified.
Replication of the design should be explicit enough to be replicated.
Appropriateness of the statistical tests used. Appropriateness of the tests to the design.
(If you are unsure of the adequacy of statistical test selection please make note of it on the ‘Comments by Editor’ form and a statistical consult will be made.)
Results must contain
Clear and precise and logically organized output.
Sufficient information to answer the research question.
Statistics reports with values. (where applicable)
Statistics relevant to the research hypothesis.
Complete, easily understandable tables and figures.
Data reported either in table format or in a figure. (If data is listed in the table, then a figure with the same data should not be included and vice versa. if there is significant data consider asking the authors to include the descriptive data in table format in an addendum to the paper.)
Discussion must contain
Clearly stated conclusions.
Substantial evidence for the conclusion presented.
Discussion of the implicated findings.
Proper generalization of the research with respect to the population studied. (ex: results from laboratory study cannot be used for clinical practice)
Description of possible sources of sampling bias or errors.
Relevance and reliability of the previous research data presented.
Valid data and its report of pertinence to the present study.
Identification of problems and limitations of the study and their discussion.
Suggestion of future research recommendation.
An end paragraph of the discussion section. A summary paragraph can also be added before the conclusion paragraph if necessary.
They must be organized and in the required style of the journal. Primary sources (journals) are more preferable than the secondary sources (textbooks) for the citations.
As a general rule, manuscripts should contain significant reference to previously published work to support the discussion.
Although no standard is set, it is generally accepted that the reference numbers meet the style of the paper. Please refer to the chart below for reference number. These are ‘general’ guidelines.
Tables and figures
Tables and Figures should represent the results in a clear and concise format. Good pictographically representation is expected. Use of the advanced technology and the available 2D and 3D formats can enhance the readability of the figures. But in no way the pictures should be manipulated just to match the results without relevance. Histograms and bar diagrams are also to be presented in an interesting manner. Even a video clip of limited size can also be included if it provides a stronger base.
Form and Style
Report must be clear.
Report must be logically organized.
Tone should be impartial, unbiased and scientific.
Follow instructions for author format (else can be sent for revision unto the required format)
Must contain key words.
Few important guidelines
- The above are the necessary steps that are to be taken care of and are to be strictly considered while evaluating a manuscript. Note down the errors or comments with respect to the line numbers in the page and present both the error and the correction; subheading in case of comments.
- Please do not hesitate to give an impartial review. Number of revisions can be addressed until the desired quality is achieved.
- Please reject the manuscripts which do not fall under the scope of the journal.
- In case of rejection please state the reason clearly and guide them for further action if required. (Ex: if the rejection is due to the improper language and good subject you can suggest them for language editing. If the rejection is due to the subject which is out of scope state it. Etc..,)
- Adhere to the quality of language. It must be understandable by the readers all over the world.
The reviewer should give unbiased consideration to all manuscripts offered for publication, judging each on its merits without regard to race, religion, nationality, sex, seniority, or institutional affiliation of the author(s).
The reviewer should consider manuscripts submitted for publication with all reasonable speed and attention. The sole responsibility for acceptance or rejection of a manuscript rests with the editor.
The reviewers should not disclose information about a manuscript under consideration to anyone other than those from whom professional advice is sought. After a decision the editor may disclose manuscript titles and authors’ names of papers that have been accepted for publication.
The reviewer should respect the intellectual independence of authors.
Editorial consideration of the manuscript in any way or form by the author-editor would constitute a conflict of interest.
Unpublished information, or interpretations disclosed in a submitted manuscript should not be used in the reviewer ’s own research except with the consent of the author.
When a manuscript is so closely related to the research of the reviewer as to create a conflict of interest, the editor should arrange for some other qualified person to take editorial responsibility for that manuscript.
An author may request the editor not use certain reviewers in consideration of a manuscript.
These are the general and ethical guidelines you need to adhere to achieve the quality output of a research paper.
Journals By Subject
- Advances in Leukemia ISSN Coming Soon
- Brain And Spinal Cancer ISSN 2576-182X
- Breast Cancer Survival ISSN Coming Soon
- Cancer Genetics And Biomarkers ISSN 2572-3030
- Cervical Cancer ISSN Coming Soon
- Colon And Rectal Cancer ISSN 2471-7061
- Diseases ISSN Coming Soon
- Hematology and Oncology Research ISSN 2372-6601
- International Journal of Chemotherapy Research and Practice ISSN Coming Soon
- International Journal of Prostate Cancer ISSN Coming Soon
- Lung Cancer Epidemiology ISSN Coming Soon
- Neoplasms ISSN 2639-1716
- Skin Cancer Epidemiology ISSN Coming Soon
- Thyroid Cancer ISSN 2574-4496
- Alcohol ISSN Coming Soon
- Carbohydrates ISSN Coming Soon
- Developments in Mass Spectrometry ISSN Coming Soon
- International Journal of Amino Acids ISSN Coming Soon
- International Journal of Hydrocarbons ISSN Coming Soon
- International Journal of Lipids ISSN Coming Soon
- New Developments in Chemistry ISSN 2377-2549
- Oxygen Compounds ISSN Coming Soon
- Peptides ISSN Coming Soon
- Polymer Science Research ISSN Coming Soon
- Water ISSN 2769-2264
- Advanced Cytology ISSN Coming Soon
- Advanced Research in Botany ISSN Coming Soon
- Advances in Plant Biology ISSN 2638-4469
- Antioxidant Activity ISSN 2471-2140
- Bioinformatics And Diabetes ISSN 2374-9431
- Biomaterials ISSN Coming Soon
- Biosemiotic Research ISSN Coming Soon
- Body Fluids ISSN Coming Soon
- Bone Marrow Biology ISSN Coming Soon
- Breastfeeding Biology ISSN 2644-0105
- Chromosomes ISSN Coming Soon
- Current Scientific Research ISSN 2766-8681
- Current Viruses and Treatment Methodologies ISSN 2691-8862
- DNA And RNA Research ISSN 2575-7881
- Drug Resistant Pathogen Research ISSN Coming Soon
- Embryology ISSN Coming Soon
- Enzymes ISSN 2690-4829
- Evolutionary Science ISSN 2689-4602
- Evolving Stem Cell Research ISSN 2574-4372
- Fertility Biomarkers ISSN 2576-2818
- Fungal Diversity ISSN 2766-869X
- Genetic Engineering ISSN 2694-1198
- Human and Animal Intestines ISSN Coming Soon
- Immunology and Geriatrics ISSN Coming Soon
- In-vitro In-vivo In-silico Journal ISSN Coming Soon
- International Journal of Aquaculture Research and Development ISSN 2691-6622
- International Journal of Bone and Mineral Metabolism ISSN Coming Soon
- International Journal of Cell ISSN Coming Soon
- International Journal of Cytokine ISSN Coming Soon
- International Journal of Entomology ISSN 2768-5209
- International Journal of Heart Research ISSN Coming Soon
- International Journal of Structural Biology ISSN Coming Soon
- International Marine Science Journal ISSN 2643-0282
- International Ornithology ISSN Coming Soon
- International Physiology Journal ISSN 2578-8590
- Mammal Research ISSN Coming Soon
- Osteoarthritis and Cartilage ISSN Coming Soon
- Pancreas ISSN Coming Soon
- Parasite Research ISSN 2690-6759
- Plant Cell Development ISSN Coming Soon
- Primates ISSN Coming Soon
- Skeletal Muscle ISSN 2832-4048
- Spleen And Liver Research ISSN 2578-2371
- Systems Biology ISSN Coming Soon
- Thrombosis and treatments ISSN Coming Soon
- Tissue Repair and Regeneration ISSN 2640-6403
- Transgenics ISSN Coming Soon
- Wildlife ISSN Coming Soon
- Zoological Research ISSN 2694-2275
- Advanced Forensic Sciences ISSN 2692-5915
- Advanced Rheumatology Science ISSN Coming Soon
- Advanced Therapeutic Science ISSN Coming Soon
- Aging Research And Healthcare ISSN 2474-7785
- Air and Water Borne Diseases ISSN Coming Soon
- Alternative Medicine and Mind Body Practices ISSN Coming Soon
- Alzheimer's Research and Therapy ISSN Coming Soon
- Arthritis Research and Therapy ISSN Coming Soon
- Biotechnology and Biomedical Science ISSN 2576-6694
- Blood Pressure ISSN Coming Soon
- Clinical and Diagnostic Pathology ISSN 2689-5773
- Current Chronic Diseases ISSN Coming Soon
- Death ISSN Coming Soon
- Dentistry And Oral Implants ISSN 2473-1005
- Dermatologic Research And Therapy ISSN 2471-2175
- Digestive Disorders And Diagnosis ISSN 2574-4526
- Endocrinology And Hormones ISSN Coming Soon
- Etiological Diagnosis ISSN Coming Soon
- Family Medicine ISSN 2640-690X
- Fetal Surgery ISSN Coming Soon
- Food Science and Hygiene ISSN Coming Soon
- Hereditary Diseases ISSN Coming Soon
- Human Health Research ISSN 2576-9383
- Hypertension and Cardiology ISSN 2329-9487
- Immunization ISSN 2577-137X
- Implementation science ISSN Coming Soon
- Intensive Care and Emergency Services ISSN Coming Soon
- International Epilepsy Journal ISSN Coming Soon
- International Journal of Allergy ISSN Coming Soon
- International Journal of Anesthesia ISSN Coming Soon
- International Journal of Antibiotic Research ISSN Coming Soon
- International Journal of Blood Transfusion ISSN Coming Soon
- International Journal of Clinical Microbiology ISSN 2690-4721
- International Journal of Complementary Medicine ISSN Coming Soon
- International Journal of Eating and Weight Disorders ISSN Coming Soon
- International Journal of General Practice ISSN 2692-5257
- International Journal of Glaucoma ISSN Coming Soon
- International Journal of Global Health ISSN 2693-1176
- International Journal of Health Statistics ISSN Coming Soon
- International Journal of Human Anatomy ISSN 2577-2279
- International Journal of Infection Prevention ISSN 2690-4837
- International Journal of Inflammation Research ISSN Coming Soon
- International Journal of Medical Practitioners ISSN Coming Soon
- International Journal of Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders ISSN Coming Soon
- International Journal of Negative Results ISSN 2641-9181
- International Journal of Neonatology ISSN Coming Soon
- International Journal of Neuroimaging ISSN Coming Soon
- International Journal of Neuroinformatics ISSN Coming Soon
- International Journal of Nutrition ISSN 2379-7835
- International Journal of Pain Management ISSN 2688-5328
- International Journal of Personalized Medicine ISSN Coming Soon
- International Journal of Sexually Transmitted Diseases ISSN Coming Soon
- International Journal of Steroids ISSN Coming Soon
- International Journal of Surgical Techniques ISSN Coming Soon
- International Journal of Thorax ISSN Coming Soon
- International Journal of Translational Research ISSN Coming Soon
- International Journal of Vasculitis ISSN Coming Soon
- Keyhole Surgery Proceedings ISSN Coming Soon
- Medical and Psychological Trauma ISSN 2766-6204
- Medical and Surgical Urology ISSN Coming Soon
- Medical Informatics and Decision Making ISSN 2641-5526
- Memory ISSN Coming Soon
- Migraine Management ISSN Coming Soon
- Nephrology Advances ISSN 2574-4488
- Nervous System and Physiological Phenomena ISSN Coming Soon
- Neurological Research And Therapy ISSN 2470-5020
- Obesity Management ISSN 2574-450X
- Ophthalmic Science ISSN 2470-0436
- Organ Transplantation ISSN 2576-9359
- Otolaryngology Advances ISSN 2379-8572
- Palliative Care And Hospice ISSN Coming Soon
- Patient Care and Services ISSN Coming Soon
- Pediatric Health And Nutrition ISSN 2691-5014
- Preventive Medicine And Care ISSN 2474-3585
- Radiation and Nuclear Medicine ISSN 2766-8630
- Respiratory Diseases ISSN 2642-9241
- Sinusitis ISSN Coming Soon
- Spine and Neuroscience ISSN 2694-1201
- Sports and Exercise Medicine ISSN 2694-2283
- Tropical Diseases and Medicine ISSN Coming Soon
- Ulcers ISSN Coming Soon
- Veterinary Healthcare ISSN 2575-1212
- Women's Reproductive Health ISSN 2381-862X
- Addiction Disorder and Rehabilitation ISSN Coming Soon
- ADHD And Care ISSN Coming Soon
- Behavior Therapy And Mental Health ISSN 2474-9273
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry ISSN 2643-6655
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy ISSN Coming Soon
- Depression And Therapy ISSN 2476-1710
- Human Psychology ISSN 2644-1101
- International Journal of Ethology ISSN Coming Soon
- International Journal of Psychotherapy Practice and Research ISSN 2574-612X
- Psychological Disorders ISSN Coming Soon
- Psychophysiology Practice and Research ISSN Coming Soon
- Schizophrenia Disorders And Therapy ISSN Coming Soon
- Sleep And Sleep Disorder Research ISSN 2574-4518
- Verbal Behavior ISSN Coming Soon
- Woman's Mental Health ISSN Coming Soon