Tenure-Track Assistant Professor,
Department of Biology,
Morgan State University.
720 Rutland Avenue,
Ross Bldg, Rm 1144,
Baltimore, Maryland 21205,
- My research interest is molecular biology of cardiac muscle in normal and diseased conditions.
- Currently, we focus on the post-translational modifications to myofilament proteins and their effects on cardiac function in cardiomyopathies and heart failure.
- Member of Biophysical Society (since 2011)
- Member of American Heart Association (since 2008)
Honors and Awards:
- 2012 Postdoctoral Fellowship, American Heart Association, USA
- 2011 First Place Grand Prize Winner and Best of Biomedical Sciences of Graduate Student Research, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL, USA
- 2011 Finalist and presenter in Student Research Achievement Award Poster Competition held at the Biophysical Society 55th Annual Meeting, Baltimore, MD, USA
- 2004 Outstanding Graduate Award (State Award), Shenyang, China
- 2002 Excellence in Leadership Award from Student Association (State Award), Shenyang, China
- 2001 Gold medalist Liaoning Province Aerobic Gymnastics College Championship (State Award), Shenyang, China
- 2000 Honor Student of China Medical University, Shenyang,China
- 2000-2004 United Laboratories Scholarship, Shenyang, China