Department of Agricultural, Food and Forest Sciences
University of Palermo Viale delle Scienze, Building 4 - Entrance to Department of Agricultural, Food and Forest Sciences University of Palermo Viale delle Scienze, Building 4 - Entrance A
Common Agricultural Policy, fishery economics and policies, rural development policies and programmes, economics of Mediterranean agricultural and agro-food products. Other research fields are nursery and gardening production, sustainable development in agriculture (especially in wine sector) and Wine CMO.
- During the period 01.2001-04.2005 she has been technical adviser for property evaluation in law suits and loan recovery for the Sicilcassa Bank Joint-Stock Company in compulsory liquidation.
- She developed sense of responsibility and organisation, ability to work independently, interpersonal skills, property evaluation knowledge.
- Since January 2005 she has been a researcher for the scientific-disciplinary sector AGR/01 “Rural Economics and Evaluation” at the Department of Agricultural, Food and Forest Sciences, University of Palermo.
- Since the 2008/09 academic year, she has taught undergraduate and post-graduated courses in Economics and in Agro-food business management at the University of Palermo.
- She has been supervisor and co-supervisor of Degree students, Master’s degree students and Doctorate students.
- In 2005 she became a member of the Italian Society of Agricultural Economics (SIDEA), in 2007 she was called to join the Italian Society of Agri-food Economics (SIEA).
- From 2005 to 2007 she was the representative of the Faculty of Agriculture for International relations of the University of Palermo.
- In 2007 she took part in the organizing committee for the conference “The new Common Fisheries Policy (CFP) in the Mediterranean: innovative instruments for sustainable management and responsible behaviours”, which was held in Venice on October 12th, 2007.
- From 2007 to 2010 she was a member of the Scientific Advisory Committee of the Academic Senate for the Area 07 - Agricultural and Veterinary Sciences, University of Palermo.
- In 2010 she was a member of the teaching board of the Doctorate in Agricultural Economics and Policy, University of Palermo, and in 2011-2015 she was a member of the teaching board of the Doctorate in Agricultural and Forestry Sciences, University of Palermo.
- In 2015 she was member of the Scientific committee for the 52nd SIDEA Annual Conference “The value of food: internationalization, competition and local development in agro-food system” held in Rome-Viterbo, September 17th-19th, 2015.
- In 2016 she was member of the Scientific committee for the 53nd SIDEA Annual Conference “The future of agriculture between globalization and local markets” held in San Michele all’Adige/Bolzano, September 22nd-23rd, 2016.
- Member of the Editorial Board of the journal “Economia agro-alimentare/Food Economy”.
- Guest editor of the 2/2016 issue of the Italian Review of Agricultural Economics (REA).