Department of Chemistry
Pin code -133207.
- Synthesis of new biologically potent heterocycles (anticancer, DNA photocleaving agents, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antifungal agents etc.)
- To study mechanistic aspects involved in formation of heterocycles
- To explore the novel, mild and greener reagents in organic synthesis
- To study NMR spectral characteristics of heterocycles
- To explore the utility of Solid-Phase syntheses
- Process Optimization and Drug Development
- Natural Products Chemistry
- April 2002 - Nov. 2006, Ph.D. (Chemistry), Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra, India
- 1999-2001, M.Sc. (Chemistry), Kurukshetra University, India ; (Specialization: Organic Chemistry)
- 2001, NET, A national level test conducted by CSIR-UGC, New Delhi, India
- 1996-1999, B.Sc. (Chem. Hons), University College, Kurukshetra University, India
Experience (>12 Years):
- Teaching: > 9 years, Research: > 12 years
- Jul. - Sep. 2012, Foreign Expert, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute, South Korea
- Aug. 2009 - Till date, Assistant Professor, M.M. University, Mullana, Ambala, India
- Jul. 2007 - Jul. 2009, Research Scientist, R & D- I, Jubilant Oragnosys Ltd, U.P., India
- Jan. 2007 - Jul. 2007, Lecturer, DN College, Hissar, Haryana, India
- April 2002 - Nov. 2006, Research Fellow, Kurukshetra University, India
- 2003 - 2006, Supervisor, M.Sc. Practical Classes, Kurukshetra University, India
- Aug. 2001 - Mar. 2002, Lecturer, Guru Nanak Sen. Sec. School, Kurukshetra, India
- ISCA Young Scientist Award, presented by the Hon’ble President of India, Dr A. P. J. Abdul Kalam in the field of Chemical Sciences in 2007.
- Invited as a Foreign Expert by Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute, South Korea.
- Research Grant of Rs 29.90 lacs has been sanctioned by ICMR (Co-PI)
- Biography published in Who’s Who in the World 2014, 31st edition, VIP No. 36768324 by Marquis Who’s Who publications (USA).