The University of Salford, Newton Building, Greater Manchester
0046 703435270, 0046 46 222 8920, 0046 45162081
Civil Engineering Research Group, School of Computing, Science and Engineering, The University of Salford, Newton Building, Greater Manchester M5 4WT, UK
- Integrated constructed wetlands
- Sustainable flood retention basins
- Wastewater treatment
- Water resources management
- Miklas Scholz, cand ing, BEng (equiv), PgC, MSc, PhD, CWEM, CEnv, CSci, CEng, FHEA, FIEMA, FCIWEM, FICE, Fellow of IWA, is Prof. in Water Resources Engineering at Lund University, Sweden.
- He also holds the Chair in Civil Engineering at The University of Salford, UK.
- He is the Head of the Civil Engineering Research Group in Salford. Prof. Scholz has shown individual excellence evidenced by world-leading publications, postgraduate supervision and research impact.
- His main research areas in terms of publication output are as follow: treatment wetlands, integrated constructed wetlands (ICW), sustainable flood retention basins (SFRB), permeable pavement systems, decision support systems, ponds and capillary suction time.
- About 48% and 46% of his research is in wastewater treatment and water resources management, respectively.
- The remaining 6% are in capillary processes and water treatment.
- He has published three books and 209 journal articles.