Lecturer in Social Work.
School of Sociology, Social Policy and Social Work,
6 College Park,
- end of life care decision-making
- psychosocial aspects of palliative and end of life care
- advanced lung cancer
- bereavement needs assessment
- I qualified as a social worker in 1996 and specialised in palliative and end of life care, working within the community and hospice care settings.
- I transferred into a permanent research post within Marie Curie Cancer Care in 2008 and conducted a number of palliative care and bereavement research studies regionally, nationally and internationally.
- I moved into a full-time academic post at Queen's University Belfast in 2010.
- My PhD research explored end of life care decision-making by patients with advanced lung cancer, and their professionals.