Aligarh Muslim University,India
Ministry of Defence, Government of India, Lucknow Road Delhi-54
Molecular Biology,Analytical Chemistry, Cell Culture
- I have been working in the domain of Biomarker discovery for their clinical application for over ten years.
- Being a part of Defence Institute of Physiology and Allied Sciences (A premiere institute of Defence Research and Development Organization), which leads the clinical research during extreme environmental conditions,
- I was fortunate to investigate the potentials of human blood plasma for the discovery of putative biomarkers that could benefit clinicians in deciding disease susceptibility and disease progression.
- My initial contributions to the scientific begun with the optimization of plasma proteomics, an ideal tools for the discovery of biomarkers subsequently followed by the screening of human plasma obtained from hypobaric hypoxia associated pathophysiological changes .
- With the validation of some of the key proteins I reported 3 key proteins as potential biomarkers candidate in subsequent studies, which are now in the process of being recommended for clinical use which have been highly accessed and cited by researchers and clinicians across the globe.
- More recently, I have identified proteins playing a key role in modulating the lung pathology during simulated hypobaric hypoxia and reported HAAO, Albumin, Sult A1 as potential biomarkers for disease diagnosis.
- This study was carried on an extensive scale with a large number of animal samples to achieve high confidence and also reported the possible consideration of one of the key protein SULT1A1, as a biomarker for the diagnosis of high altitude pulmonary edema (HAPE).
- I am now focused on the validation of these potential biomarkers on large number of human plasma samples, which has begun their way to clinics and are being envisions as potential molecules for prognosis, diagnosis and therapy of hypoxia associated diseases.
- Presently serving as an editorial member of several reputed journals like International Organization of Scientific Research, Journal of Integrated Omics, Journal of Translational Proteomics Research.