Chair Professor & Vice President Chair,
Chinese Herbal Medicine Research Center.
- Natural Medicine
- New drug development of Chinese Medicine
- Professor Yang-Chang Wu is currently Vice President and Chair Professor of CMU and, has served as Director of Graduate Institute of Natural Products, Dean of Office of Research and Development and Chair Professor of Kaohsiung Medical University, Department Chairmen of Pharmacy and Chinese Medicine, National Science Council (NSC) and Consultant of Committee on Chinese Medicine and Pharmacy, Department of Health, Executive Yuan.
- Prof. Wu has received the Outstanding Research Award of NSC, Outstanding Merit and High Scholastic Achievement to Medical and Pharmaceutical Research Award of Ming-Ning Wang Foundation and Outstanding Medical and Pharmaceutical Technology Award of Tien Te Lee Biomedical Foundation.
- Prof. Wu has published 380 papers, many ranking in the top 10% in the field; his papers have been cited more than 2,000 times.
- In particular, Prof. Wu developed the compound from Chinese herbal medicine, Furula, against H1N1 and published this result in Journal of Natural Products, which was chosen as breaking news in 2009.
- In recent years, Prof. Wu has been devoted to research of cancer molecular biology and signal transduction in order to improve drug development and cancer therapy.
- Overall, he is a distinguished researcher in transferring basic research to clinical applications.