Xianning Xilu 28,
Xian Jiaotong University,
genome, indel, structural variants, cancer, population genetics, protein structure
Positions and degrees:
- 2016.2-: Professor, X’an Jiaotong University
- 2012.12-2016.1: Assistant professor, the genome institute at Washington University in St. Louis
- 2009.7-2012.11: Assistant professor, Leiden University Medical Center, the Netherlands
- 2008.7-2009.6: Postdoc European Bioinformatics Institute, UK
- 2004.1-2008.6: PhD. Cum Laude Biopharmaceutical science at Leiden University, The Netherlands Novel algorithms for protein sequence analysis
- 2003.8-2003.12: Lecturer in the college of Pharmacy at Wuhan University, China.
- 1995.9-2003.7: B.Sc. and M.Sc. of Biopharmaceutical science at Wuhan University, China.
Awards and grants:
- BBMRI-NL rainbow grant, euro 105k, PI, 2011-2014
- VENI grant from Dutch research organization, euro 250k, PI, 2011-2014
- BBMRI-NL complementation grant, euro 100k, PI, 2011-2014
- NIH U41, co-PI, 2013-2015
- NIH U01, co-PI, 2012-2015
- June 2009: ˜best paper™ (on Pindel) presented at the Short-SIG on Next-Generation Sequence and Algorithms for Short Read Analysis, ISMB/ECCB 2009 at Stockholm, Sweden. 500 GBP
- ˜Researcher of 2008™, Faculty of Science, Leiden University.
- 2008 C. J. Kok prize, Leiden University, the Netherlands. 2,500 EURO
- 2008 PhD Cum Laude, Leiden University, Leiden, the Netherlands
- NGI/EBI fellowship, The Netherlands. 36,000 euro per year.
- ˜Top 300 Outstanding PhD students abroad™ Award, China. 5,000 USD
- 2004-2005 Leiden University Scholarship, The Netherlands.
- 2000-2003 Wuhan University fellowship for excellent graduate student, China.
- 1996-1999 Wuhan University fellowship for excellent undergraduate, China.