Department of Surgery and Surgical Critical Care
Kern Medical Center
Bakersfield, CA, USA
- Dr. Andrea Pakula came to Kern Medical in 2008 as an intern and the following year she began her General Surgery residency.
- After graduation she completed a fellowship at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN in Trauma and Surgical Critical Care.
- Dr. Pakula then returned to California and joined the surgical faculty at Kern Medical in 2014.
- She is currently serving as Associate Director of the Surgical Critical Care Unit.
- Dr. Pakula’s clinical interests include all aspects of General surgery with unique expertise in Trauma, Critical Care and Acute Care surgery as well as Bariatric surgery.
- Other interests include surgical research and teaching courses in Critical Care Ultrasound, Advanced Trauma Life Support and Fundamentals of Critical Care.
Professional Society Memberships:
- American College of Surgeons
- Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma
- Mayo Fellows Association
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons