"School of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health, The University of Manchester, United Kingdom"
Division of Evolution & Genomic Sciences (L5)-Division of Evolution & Genomic Sciences
Manchester Institute for Collaborative Research on Ageing-School of Social Sciences
Cardiovascular, Metabolic & Nutritional SciencesNeuroscience & Mental HealthEvolution, Systems and GenomicsCellular & Development SystemsPlatform Sciences and Technologies
- Tao Wang leads a research group investigating the molecular basis of cardiovascular diseases, focusing on genetic vascular conditions and the Notch signalling in cardiovascular system.
- She has expertise in establishing and characterising the patient-specific induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) models and identify therapeutic targets.
- She supervises a number of PhD students and MRes students.
- She directs the course Human Genetics for MSc and STP in Genomic Medicine and Genetic Counselling programmes. She pear reviews grant applications for a number of funding bodies and manuscripts for international journals.
- She sits on the Managing Editorial Board of "Frontiers in Bioscience" and is the Managing Editor of the FBS special issue “Signalling Pathways in Cardiovascular Function and Diseases”.
- She is also member of Editorial Board for journals "American Journal of Clinical and Experimental Medicine", "Signal Transduction Insights" (an online journal) and “Recent Patents on CNS Drug Discovery”.