United Arab Emirates
Assistant professor, at the Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering, Khalifa University, Abu Dhabi
UAE, Dubai, Al Warqaa 3 , villa 62
- Signal and image processing, medical image analysis, especially in detecting of the cancerous cells, multimedia and watermarking detection.
- Data Mining, pattern recognition, computer vision, artificial intelligence, database system, remote sensing especially in satellite imaging.
- Dr. Fatma Taher is an assistant professor in the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research, UAE.
- Her research interests are in the areas of signal and image processing, pattern recognition, medical image analysis, especially in detecting of the cancerous cells, kidney transplant and autism.
- In addition to that, watermarking, remote sensing and satellite images researches.
- She received her PhD from Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research, UAE, in 2014.
- So that she is the first UAE local that graduated with PhD in Engineering inside the UAE, and Khalifa University considered as the first University to grant PhD degrees in computer engineering.
- Dr. Fatma Taher has published more than 40 papers in international Journals and conferences.
- She served as a member of the steering, organizing and technical program committees of many international conferences, and has served on many editorial and reviewing boards of international journals and conferences.
- Dr. Fatma is the vice chair of IEEE UAE section and the vice chair for IEEE Women in Engineering Society in UAE as well as the chair of the Education Committee in BCS Society in UAE.
- Dr. Fatma has received many distinguished awards such as: Prize for the best PhD excellence Award in leadership day for Khalifa University, 12th February 2012.
- Best paper award in the BCS International IT Conference Towards 21st Century Innovations, Abu Dhabi, UAE, 31st March-1st April 2013.
- Best paper award of the first prize in the PhD Forum of the 20th IEEE International Conference on Electronics, Circuits, and Systems (ICECS), PhD Forum, Dec. 8-11, 2013.
- And recently, she was awarded the UAE Pioneers award as the first UAE to create a computer aided diagnosis system for early lung cancer detection based on the sputum color image analysis, awarded by H.H Sheik Mohammed Bin Rashed Al Maktoum, 15th Nov. 2015.
- In addition to that she was awarded an innovation award at the 2016 Emirati Women Awards by H. H. Sheik Ahmed Bin Saeed Al-Maktoum.
- Chairman of Civil Aviation Authority and Patron of Dubai Quality Group and L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women In Science Middle East Fellowship 2017.