Doctor in Shreveport, Louisiana.
1501 Kings Hwy,
Shreveport LA 71130,
- Allergic Rhinitis
- Nitric Oxide
- Dr. Gungor is Professor of the LSUHSC School of Medicine Department of Otolaryngology HNS and specializes in pediatric otolaryngology, pediatric airway problems including allergies and sinus disease in infants and children, and in cleft lip and palate surgery.
- Dr. Gungor has completed two highly competitive fellowships in Pediatric Otolaryngology at the University of Arkansas and Rhinology/Allergy at the University of Chicago and was mentored by top scholars.
- Dr. Gungor is the Director ofÂ Pediatric Otolaryngology and the Louisiana Cleft Team LSU Shreveport.
- He has received several awards, including the Holtzclaw fellowship award and the Hansel award from the American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy, and significant research support from both private and public sources including the Research Grant Award of the American Academy of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery and the National Institutes of Health research grant award.
- Dr. Gungor enjoys teaching medical students, residents, fellow physicians and the general public.
- His instructional courses on cleft surgery and velopharyngeal insufficiency at the annual meetings of our academy are well-attended and receive high scores.
- He teaches using several forms of media to reach local, national and international audiences.
- Dr. Gungor is member of the Cystic Fibrosis Team at LSU Shreveport directed by Dr. Kimberly Jones, Â and specializes in the surgical treatment of sinus disease in Cystic Fibrosis.
- Dr. Gungor is also a member of the Sleep Disorders Team led by Neurology Department at LSU Shreveport and specializes in the surgical treatment of children with Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
- Dr. Gungor has published several original journal articles and book chapters, with a significant body of published clinical research in allergy and sinus disease.
- Dr. Gungor is one of few researchers in the US investigating the role of nitric oxide in sinus disease. He has recently been awarded an investigator initiated grant from industry to study sinonasal aerodynamics and has published his theory onÂ the aerodynamic model of the nose.
- He is member of Editorial and Reviewer Boards of major national and international medical journals including American Journal of Otolaryngology, Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery,Â The Laryngoscope, and the Saudi Annals of Medicine.
- He is active in several academic societies.
- Dr. Gungor enjoys outdoor activities such as gardening, tennis, bicycling, sailing and is learning to play the piano.
- His guiding principle in life is compassion.