Professor and Chairman,
University of Udine,
Via Firenze 11,
35030 Selvazzano Dentro,
Head and neck surgery, oncology and cancer research.
- Alfio Ferlito is Professor and Chairman of the ENT Clinic at the University of Udine School of Medicine from 1997.
- He was Director of the Department of Surgical Sciences at the same University from 2003 to 2009.
- He graduated in medicine at the University of Bologna in 1968.
- He completed his residence programme in otolaryngology and subsequently in pathology.
- He worked at the ENT Department of Padua University from 1970 to 1997.
- Professor Ferlito has collaborated in writing articles, editorials, commentaries, letters to the editor, special issues, book chapters and books with 516 international experts.
- He has edited a three-volume book entitled Cancer of the Larynx (CRC Press, Boca Raton, 1985) and three other books entitled Neoplasms of the Larynx (Churchill Livingstone, Edinburgh, 1993), Surgical Pathology of Laryngeal Neoplasms (Chapman and Hall, London, 1996) and Diseases of the Larynx (Arnold, London, 2000)