Universiti Sains Malaysia.
Mohd Normani Zakaria
School of Health Sciences,
Universiti Sains Malaysia,
16150 Kubang Kerian,
Audiology, Otology, Neuroscience, Tinnitus, Vestibular, Auditory Rehabilitation
- Dr Normani is currently a head and senior lecturer of Audiology Program, School of Health Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM).
- He obtained a degree in Master of Clinical Audiology from The University of Western Australia in 2003 and PhD in 2008 from the same University.
- He teaches in various aspects of audiology for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- His research focus is on electrophysiology, neuroaudiology, vestibular and tinnitus studies.
- He has been awarded more than 10 research grants and has published more than 80 publications including journal, oral and proceeding publications.
- He has been recently appointed as a member of a new international journal, Auditory and Vestibular Research (AVR).
- He is also the head of the translational neurosciences of BRAINetwork research group of USM whereby he is involved in developing a dynamic model for the central auditory nervous system based on the Artificial Neural Network (ANN) approach.
- Dr Normani is also working collaboratively with engineers and medical experts in developing computer based products for hearing screening and auditory training, understanding the generation auditory hallucinations, investigating the effect of acoustic stimulation in treating cancer cells and many more.
- To keep him further active, he has supervised more than 50 students at Doctorate, Master’s and Bachelor’s level.
- He has also won silver and gold medal awards for his inventions in the field of vestibular.