St Louis University Hospital
1438 S Grand Blvd,
St Louis, MO 63104,
Stroke, Intracranial aneurysms, Interventional Neurology
- Dr. Sonal Mehta joined the Neurology Department at the University of South Carolina School of Medicine in 2014 as Assistant Professor of Clinical Neurology. Originally from New Delhi, India.
- Dr. Mehta attended medical school at BJ Medical College, in Ahmedabad, India.
- Following the completion of his medical education in India, he completed a medical internship at Michael Reese Hospital, Chicago.
- He then served as a resident in Neurology at University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland. Upon the completion of his residency, he moved to Saint Louis University where he completed a fellowship in Vascular Neurology followed by a two-year fellowship in Endovascular Surgical Neuroradiology (Interventional Neurology).
- Dr. Mehta is board-certified in Neurology, Neurocritical Care and Vascular Neurology. His clinical and research interests include acute stroke therapy, endovascular treatment of intracranial aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations (AVMs) and acute ischemic stroke.
- He has published articles in leading peer-reviewed journals, presented his work at several international conferences, and also co-authored several book chapters.
- His sub-specialty areas include taking care of patients with stroke and other severe neurological illnesses as well as performing minimally invasive neurointerventional surgical procedures for conditions such as brain aneurysms, strokes and arteriovenous malformations.