Copa DÂ'Or Hospital, Brazil
Rua Clarice Indio do Brasil 34 / apt 301,
Rio de Janeiro, RJ, 22230-090, Brazil.
Relationship between migraine and stroke
- Ivan Da Silva, MD, PhD is an Assistant Professor and Staff Neurointensivist for the Department of Neurological Sciences at Rush University Medical Center.
- Dr. Da Silva received his medical degree from Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro (Brazil), and completed training in internal medicine, neurology and critical care in his home country.
- Dr. Da Silva completed a neurocritical care fellowship at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation, after which he received a PhD degree in neurosciences from Universidade Federal Fluminense.
- Dr. Da Silva was the Director of the Neurocritical care unit at Americas Medical Center in Rio de Janeiro, during which he also served in the acute neurology support team for the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro.
- He has clinical and research interests in traumatic brain injury, brain-heart-lung interaction, multimodal monitoring, neuroinfectious diseases and global health.
- Dr Da Silva closely participated in the efforts to understand the neurological complications associated to Zika virus infection during the 2016-2016 outbreak in Brazil.