Florida A&M University,
College of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical sciences.
College of pharmacy & pharmaceutical sciences,
Florida A& M University,
Tallahassee, FL 32307 USA.
- Dr. Karam Soliman is a distinguished Professor of Basic Pharmaceutical Sciences at Florida A&M University College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- He obtained his B.Sc. degree from Cairo University, and he was awarded the M.Sc. degree (1971) and the Ph.D. degree (1972) from the University of Georgia Dr. Soliman’s research interest is in the area of Neuroscience .
- Among 100 Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) in the country, Dr. Soliman ranked the top (number one) as the most Science published faculty member.
- His publications record includes 146 published research articles, 3 books, 3 US Patents. Dr. Soliman is also the nation’s top trainer of African American holding the Ph.D. degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Nationwide, he was the major professor of 30% African American holding the PhD’s in Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Dr. Soliman is the Principal Investigator and Program Director of NIH grant to support the FAMU-Pharmacy Research Center in Minority Institution (RCMI). In 2012 .
- Dr. Soliman received a center P20 Grant over five years from the National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities.
- This grant is entitled: Center of Excellence for Cancer Research, Training and Community Service” .
- Dr. Soliman research has been supported by grants from NIH, NASA, Office of Naval Research and Department of Energy.
- During his tenure at FAMU Dr. Soliman was awarded federal grants totaling over $ 64 million.
- Dr. Soliman is an active member of American Physiology Society (APS), American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics (ASPET), Endocrine Society, and the Society for Neuroscience.