Medical Immunology London
971 4 275 0900
Allergy and Asthma Centre, Al Rehman Chambers Blue Area, Islamabad, Pakistan
Environmental Allergy, Food Allergy, Drug Allergy, Immunology, Children Allergies, Immuno-Nutrition, Immuno-Boost.
- Dr. Shahid has gained extensive experience in diagnosis and treatment of Allergic disorders and Immunological diseases in USA, UK, GERMANY and Pakistan.
- He has worked in the capacity as Chief of Allergy, Immunology and CTDRD (Clinical & Tropical Research Division) in National Institute of Health Islamabad. Novel concepts in Allergy diagnosis and treatment, Immuno Nutrition and Immuno Boost was introduced for the first time in Pakistan.
- Dr.Shahid has trained in production of allergy vaccines in USA by World Health Organization and was head of Allergy Vaccine Production Unit in National Institute of Health, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- He has since 1995 to his credit OAV (Oral Allergy Vaccine)/ SLIT (Sub Lingual Immuo Therapy) production. OAV or SLIT is now approved by WHO, WAO and FDA.
- Dr Shahid has designed a special OAV dropping dispenser which is to be used for Oral Allergy Vaccines in the world. After starting his work at BR Medical Suites, he initiated Painless Allergy Tests for children, the elderly and people scared of multiple painful pricks.
- He had been key speaker in many international Allergy conferences and Allergy Workshops and presented his clinical and research work. He has been awarded at various international conferences, meetings around the world and is currently the Editor of the Asia Pacific Allergy Journal.
- He established the Pollen Count Lab (Aerobiology Lab) in NIH, Islamabad and provided first Pollen and Mold Calendar for benefit of doctors and patients suffering from allergies.
- Dr. Shahid is a UK qualified Doctor and trained in the USA, Germany and UK.
- He has extensive experience in Transplant Immunology from UK and in DNA Tissue typing, cross match and PRA from Pakistan.
- Dr. Shahid is ex-Chief Allergy, Immunology and CTDRD (Clinical & Tropical Research Division) in National Institute of Health, Islamabad and introduced newer concepts in Allergy diagnosis and treatment, Immuno Nutrition and Immuno boost for the first time in Pakistan after years of research in Pakistan and abroad.
- Dr. Shahid established Pollen Count Lab (Aerobiology Lab) in NIH, Islamabad and provided first Pollen and Mould Calendar for benefit of doctors and patients suffering from allergies.
- He has to his credit the Oral Allergy Vaccine (OAV) or SLIT (Sub Lingual Immuno Therapy) which has been approved by WHO and World Allergy Organization for treatment of allergies.
- Dr Shahid has designed a special OAV dropping dispenser which is the first dispenser to be used for oral allergy vaccines in the world.
- He believes that allergy is a disease which progresses both in severity and frequency with time and if not treated properly will cause severe allergic complications.
- He focuses on allergy in children that leads to physical and mental developmental problems.
- He advises parents, teachers and general public to check for early signs and symptoms like red ears, red cheeks, eye wrinkles, nose rub, eye circles, hyperactivity & aggressiveness as well as bed wetting.
- He initiated Painless Allergy Tests at BR Medical suites for children, old people and people scared of multiple painful pricks for allergy tests.
- He has presented and been awarded at various international conferences and meetings around the world.
- He is also the Editor of the Asia Pacific Allergy journal.