University of Health Sciences.
University of Health Sciences,
- Molecular Cancer Research and epigenetic (RT-PCR and Microarray).
- MicroRNA, pseudogenes, and transfection.
- Prion, translation termination in eukaryotes, and transcription initiation in prokaryotes.
- Investigating structure-function relationship of biological macromolecules with biochemical, biophysical, genetics and molecular biological methods.
- Recombinant DNA technology, molecular sub-cloning, transformation and protein expression.
- Drug design, docking, molecular dynamics.
- Nanoparticles for drug targeting.
- Protein purification (Heat shock, Catabolite repressor and S100P proteins) and characterisation (Spectroscopy: Fluorescence, Luminescence, CD, FTIR; Calorimetry: NanoDSC and ITC; Chromatography: HPLC and FPLC; Other techniques: MALDI-TOF, GC, SPR)
- Dr. Yusuf TUTAR is the Head of Biochemistry Division and the Head of Basic Sciences Department at Faculty of Pharmacy, Cumhuriyet University, Sivas Turkey.
- Dr. Tutar is also the Head of Biomedical Engineering Program at the same university.
- He obtained his M.Sc. and Ph.D. at Oregon State University and Texas Tech University respectively.
- He pursued his postdoctoral study at National Institutes of Health (NIH/NIDDK), USA.
- His research focuses on Biochemistry, Biophysics, Genetics, and Molecular Biology with specialization in the fields of protein structure-function, protein folding, prion, microrna, pseudogenes, molecular cancer, proteomics, genomics, protein expression and characterization by spectroscopic and calorimetric methods.
- Dr. TUTAR is currently faculty at Health Sciences University, Istanbul.