Department of Family Medicine,
1919 West Taylor Street, Suite 186B,
Chicago, IL 60612 USA.
Nutrition, Obesity, Diabetes, Upper Respiratory Infections
- Dr. Grief is a board-certified family physician for 23 years.
- A graduate of McGill University in Montreal, Canada, Dr. Grief has worked in private practice, urgent care and academic family medicine.
- A Diplomate of The American Board of Family Medicine and Fellow of the College of Family Physicians of Canada, his current appointment is associate professor of clinical family medicine at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
- Dr. Grief was named one of Chicago’s Top Doctors in 2012 by Chicago magazine and in 2013 one of America’s Top Doctors by Castle and Connolly.
- Dr. Grief’s sees patients of all ages.
- His primary interests are in obesity and endocrinology, particularly diabetes management. He is co-author of “The End of Obesity”, a self-help book for patients.
- His most current interest is lifestyle modification and motivational interviewing, with an emphasis on promoting wellness.
- Dr. Grief has authored many articles pertaining to preventive health care.
- Dr. Grief has lectured for local, regional and national audiences under the auspices of the Illinois Academy of Family Physicians, the American Medical Association, and the Society of Teachers in Family Medicine.