Department of Molecular Medicine,
Chair of Clinical Biochemistry,
Medical University of Gdansk Debinki,
7 Str., Bldg. 27 80-211 Gdansk,
- Adenosine and its metabolites, transport, receptor action in diabetes.
- Effect of purinergic signalling on B lymphocyte function.
- Effect of changes in gene expression of TWIST1 and ID1 on the properties of colorectal cancer cells.
- Effect of changes in gene expression encoding for transcription factors (ID1, TWIST1) on differentiation of human dental pulp stem cells.
- The role of fibroblasts in the pathogenesis of tympanosclerosis.
- LELP1 gene and TRPA1 gene polymorphisms in asthmatics.
- The role of adenosine receptors in the development of colorectal cancer.
- Molecular background of osteoarthritis.
- Expression of genes encoding for the cornified envelope proteins in atopic dermatitis.
- The role of protein kinase C theta in specific T lymphocytes in response to intracellular pathogens.
Awards and prize:
- Collaborative research awarded with first class honours, Gdansk 2015, GUMed Dean, for the effect of ID1 gene on the differentiation of human dental pulp stem cells and the role of fibroblasts in the pathogenesis of tympanosclerosis.
- Collaborative research awarded with first class honours, Gdansk 2014, GUMed Dean, for effect of purine receptors on B cell function and tumor cell proliferation.
- Collaborative research awarded with second class honours, Gdansk 2011, GUMed Dean, for purine metabolism study, insulin-induced adenosine receptors expression in B lymphocytes and role of NDRG1 protein in cell.
- State award bronze Medal for long-standing Civil Service (Nr 240-2010-219), Warsaw 2010, President of the Polish State- Bronisław Komorowski.
- Collaborative research awarded with first class honours, Gdansk 2010, GUMed Dean, for NDRG1 gene expression study in colorectal carcinoma, effect of glucose and insulin on adenosine metabolism and receptors in B lymphocytes.
- Collaborative Dean´s award, Gdansk 2009, GUMed Dean, for C-δ1 phospholipase regulation study in hypertension and glucose-mediated ENT1 transporter expression in cardiac fibroblasts.
- Minister of Health Collaborative Award, Warsaw 2006, Minister of Health on a proposal from AMG Dean, for the cycle of 4 publication on effect of insulin and glucose on the expression of nucleoside transporters and studies on the expression of adenosine receptors in diabetes mellitus.
- Collaborative first class honours award, Gdansk 2006, AMG Dean, for insulin and glucose influence on adenosine homeostasis in T lymphocytes.
- Doctoral thesis award, Gdansk 8.11.2001 admitted by AMG Medicine Faculty Council for the doctoral thesis entitled: “Regulation of adenosine kinase in streptozotocin-induced diabetes mellitus rats”.
- W. Mozołowski Prize in a Young Biochemist's Competition, Torun 2001, XXXVII Committee of Polish Biochemical Society Reunion, for the presentation "Adenosine and nucleoside transporters in diabetes mellitus".