Associate Director for Science at the Schroeder Institute,
Professor, Department of Health, Behavior and Society,
The Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
1724 Massachusetts Ave, NW,
Washington, DC 20036, United States.
Mass Spectrometry, AIDS, Vaccines, Antiviral Research, HIV Vaccine, Pulsed Laser Deposition.
- Raymond S. Niaura, Ph.D., is Associate Director for Science at the Schroeder Institute, and Professor, Department of Health, Behavior and Society in The Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
- Dr. Niaura's research interests lie in studying combined pharmacological and behavioral treatments for smoking cessation, cessation in disadvantaged populations (HIV-AIDS), and familial/genetic influences on lifetime tobacco use trajectories, for which he has received support from NIH, several foundations, and industry.
- Dr. Niaura has published over 270 peer-reviewed papers, received over 60 grants and awards, and has authored numerous book chapters, as well as a book, "The tobacco dependence treatment handbook: A guide to best practices."
- He is Past President of the Society for Research on Nicotine & Tobacco.
- He is a Fellow of the American Psychological Association, the Society for Behavioral Medicine, and the American Academy of Health Behavior.