University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign,
Departments of Kinesiology and Community Health,
Computational Science and Engineering.
1206 South Fourth Street,
Champaign, IL 61820,
Computational modeling of biosignals, diabetic foot ulcers, microvascular physiology, peripheral vascular diseases
- Yih-Kuen Jan, PT, PhD is a tenured Associate Professor and Director of Rehabilitation Engineering and Research Lab at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC).
- Dr.Jan obtained his PhD in Rehabilitation Science and completed his Postdoc in Rehabilitation Technology from the University of Pittsburgh.
- His research focuses on the development of assistive devices and technologies for people with disabilities and the promotion of social inclusion of people with disabilities.
- His research has been supported by the NIH, NIDILRR, and PVA.
- Dr. Jan is the Chair of Scientific Papers and is a member of the Assistive Technology Standards Board and the Research Committee of the Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America (RESNA).
- He is a member of WHO’s Global Cooperation on Assistive Technology and is a Faculty Senator of the Equal Opportunity and Inclusion Committee at UIUC.
- He serves on the advisory board for China’s National Research Center for Rehabilitation Technical Aids and Asia’s International Convention on Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology.
- Dr. Jan is recognized by Taiwan’s Ministry of Science and Technology as a Top Lab Director in the world.
- Dr. Jan is an editor of PLOS Veterans Disability and Rehabilitation Research Channel (formerly JRRD) and is an academic editor of PLOS ONE.
- He is also an associate editor of Frontiers in Physiology and Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology.
- He serves on the editorial board of many prestigious journals, including Assistive Technology and Journal of Tissue Viability.
- Dr. Jan is passionate about advancing knowledge to help people with disabilities and has published more than 50 peer-reviewed papers and 80 proceeding papers.
- He is a grant reviewer for NIH, NIDILRR, DOD and VA.
- He is a naturalized citizen of the United States.