Department of Bioinformatics and Biostatistics,
College of Life Sicnece and Biotechnology,
Shanghai Jiaotong University.
Wei Dong-Qing, Ph.D.
Life Science Building,
800 Dongchuan Road,
Shanghai, China 200240.
Bioinformatics, Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, Biostatistics, Computational Physics, Theoretical Chemistry, Bioinformatic Tools, Cheminformatics and Computational Chemistry, Computational Biology
- Prof. Dong-Qing Wei, obtained his Ph.D. at the age 24, is the acting head, Department of Bioinformatics and Biostatistics, College of Life Science and Biotechnology, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, China, editor-in-Chief, Interdisciplinary Sciences- Computational Life Sciences? chairman, International Association of Scientists in the Interdisciplinary Areas(IASIA).
- Prof. Wei's research is in the general area of structural bioinformatics and biophysics.
- He has made many important contributions to different areas of sciences.
- Prof. Wei developed tools of molecular modeling and various databases and applied them to study biological systems with relevance to computed aided drug design and structural biology with emphases on antiviral drugs and drug metabolism.
- He played a leading role in the structural bioinformatics studies of CYP450 SNPs with emphasis on personalized drug use.
- With more than 180 papers and SCI 3000 citations, he is becoming a leading figure in the area of structural bioinformatics and biological physics.
- Prof. Wei organized a few important international conferences recently, for example, International Conference on Computational and System Biology, 2009-2012, 2010, Shanghai, China, Theory and Application of Computational Chemistry, Sept. 23-27, 2008, Shanghai, China, 2nd IEEE Conferences on Bioinformatics and Biomedical Engineering, May 16-20, 2008, Shanghai, China.