Fujian Agriculture & Forestry University
Syed Moazzam Nizami
College of Forestry;
Fujian Agriculture & Forestry University,
- Plant Ecology,
- Climate change,
- Soil and plant relations,
- Carbon sequestration.
- I was graduated from the Pakistan Forest Institute, University of Peshawar, Pakistan in the field of Forestry with distinctions in the university.
- Then I joined the Punjab Forest Department as Assistant Research Officer and served for 3years.
- I did my M.Phil (Environmental Sciences) Degree in 2003 and moved to Arid Agriculture University Rawalpindi as Lecturer in Forestry & Range Management.
- In the year 2005 I joined the PhD Forestry Programme in the same university and visited the School of Forest & Ecosystem Science, University of Melbourne, Australia for analysis of my PhD research regarding Carbon Sequestration assessment & Carbon Budgeting in Forest & Rangelands.
- I have quantified the Carbon stocks in Sub Tropical managed and Unmanaged forests of Pakistan. In the year 2010 I was selected as Associate Professor in the Department of Forestry & Range Management and imparted forestry education to under graduate and post graduate students by conducting research in Forestry & Range Management with special emphasis on Climate change.
- Recently, I have joined Chinese Academy of Sciences as Associate Professor /Postdoctoral Research Fellow (2013-15) in the Global Change Research Group of Key Laboratory for Research in Tropical Forest Ecosystem.
- Currently working on carbon budgets of the Tropical Forests and Plantations in South Western China under funding from CAS.