Professor of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology,
Faculty of Medicine,
Tamer A Gheita
Prof. Tamer A.Gheita, MD
Professor of Rheumatology ,
Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University
Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology
- Professor of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University
- Member of the International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF), Nyon, Switzerland
- Editor In-Chief, The Egyptian Rheumatologist (Hosted and produced by Elsevier)
- Certified EULAR Rheumatologist, ZÃ¼rich, Switzerland
- Prof. Gheita is a distinguished Rheumatology consultant at many worldwide hospitals with Joint Commission International IJCI) accreditation.
- Prof. Gheita is a member of many specialized societies in the field of Rheumatology, Immunology, Osteoporosis and Orthopedics.
- He is a member of the Committee On Publication Ethics (COPE), Editorial Board Member of 20+ International Journals (such as the International J of Rheumatic Diseases, European J of Rheumatology, Annals of Pediatric Rheumatology, African J of Rheumatology and is on the review board of 60+ international journals in the field of Medicine, Rheumatology, Clinical Immunology and Pharmacology and reviewed the 6th edition of “Rheumatology” textbook Elsevier.
- He shared in the scientific and organizing committee of several regional conferences.
- Attended and successfully passed the courses held by Faculty and Leadership Development center Program (FLDP), Cairo University recognized by the International Board of Certified Trainers (IBCT), The Netherlands.
- He holds the Platinum BMJ learning high-usage certificate, for successfully accomplishing rheumatology modules.
- He has acceptable computer skills (ICDL, UNESCO, USA).
- Professor Gheita studied and attended his school in London, UK. He graduated from The Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University (December 1993) (Excellent with grade of Honors), attained the M.Sc degree (1997) with an excellent grade and successfully received his MD degree (2003).
- He is an active Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology Professor since 2013.