Department of Movement Science, University of Rostock, Germany.
+49 (0) 381 498 2748
Institut of Sportscience Department of Movement Science University of Rostock Ulmenstrasse 69 / House 2 18057 Rostock Germany.
Neuromuscular control mechanism of movement including cortical and spinal circuitries, biomechanics and movement analysis, biological signal processing, modelling of biological systems and applied physiology of the neuromuscular system.
• Volker Zschorlich is a Professor of Movement Science and Biomechanics at Rostock University (Germany), where he serves as Director of the Institute of Sports Science.
• He received a Dr. degree in 1986 from the University of Oldenburg (motor learning) and has done his habilitation after having specialized in muscle force modelling in the Department of Sports Medicine at the University of Oldenburg in 1995.
• He received an APL Professorship in 1998 for Sport Science.
• During this time he worked in the laboratory of Sports Medicine.
• He is currently a Full Professor and member of the Philosophical Faculty, the Medical Faculty and the Interdisciplinary Faculty at Rostock University.
• Dr. Zschorlich is a principal or co-investigator on a number of government and industry supported grants.
• He is a member of the German Association of Sports Science (DVS) and the German Society of Biomechanics (DGfB).
• He was Co-Speaker and Speaker of the Biomechanics-Section of DVS in 1998 until 2001.
• In the period from 2001 to 2005 he was Vice President of the German Association of Sports Science (DVS)