University of Michigan Ann Arbor.
5431Medical Science Building 1,
1150 W. Medical Center Drive,
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5616,
- Oral, head and neck cancer
- Epithelial and mesenchymal transition
- Cancer invasion and metastasis
- Cancer stem cells
- Epithelial and endothelial adhesion
- Gene signaling and control
- Human papilloma virus
- Carcinogenesis and carcinogens
- Tumor progression, tumor markers and therapeutic targets
- Dr. Papagerakis is a MD with clinical training in oral, maxillofacial surgery and a MS and PhD in oral, head and neck molecular pathobiology.
- She has a broad background in head and neck tumorigenesis and an established research record in prognostic/predictive biomarkers of clinical outcome and response to therapy;
- Her work has received national and international recognitions.
- Dr. Papagerakis has taken leadership of the Laboratory of Oral, Head and Neck Cancer Metastasis within the Otolaryngology Department at the University of Michigan (UM) Ann Arbor and is an active investigator of the UM Head and Neck Cancer SPORE, the UM Cancer Center and the Head and Neck Oncology Group.
- Dr. Silvana Papagerakis is an established clinician-scientist in the field of oral, head and neck cancer with over 20 years of research success in basic, translational and clinical research within research intensive academic health settings.
- Her expertise encompasses qualitative and quantitative patient oriented research; cancer epidemiology, prevention and control; clinical trials; outcomes prediction; anti-cancer drug reformulation and personalized therapeutics; precision molecular medicine; chemical and viral (e.g. Human Papillomavirus) carcinogenesis; epigenetics; tumor heterogeneity, microenvironment and metabolism; in vivo an in vitro experimental models.
- She has collaborative inter-disciplinary projects in circadian disruption, dentistry and autoimmune diseases with a special interest in the cross talk between oral and systemic heath.
- Her work has received national and international research recognitions.
- Dr. Papagerakis relocated from the University of Michigan Ann Arbor, USA, where she maintains an adjunct faculty position in the Department of Otolaryngology.