Asst. Professor at Vel Tech Group of Institutions
10/507, Mahendravarman Street,
Chithalapakkam Post, Indranagar,
Chennai-600 126, India
- Worked as a Research scholar from April’2008 to November’2010 at Research Department of Chemistry, VHNSN College, Virudhunagar-626 001.
- Worked as a Teaching Assistant-Chemistry in V.V.Matriculation Higher Secondary School at Kodai hills during 2004-2005.
- Working as Assistant Professor in chemistry from 09/02/2011 to till date in Vel Tech High Tech Dr.Rangarajan Dr.Sakunthala Engineering College, Avadi, Chennai-62.
- Number of Ph.D students guiding - 3
Authorization For Guideship Received:
- Bharathiyar University (state university), Re-accredited by NAAC with A Grade, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu 641046.
- Membership of Professional Bodies:
- The Indian Science Congress Association (A1578)
- Indian Council of Chemists (AF7465)
- Association of Chemistry Teachers (LM 1281)
Editorial Board Member:
- Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis and Medicinal Chemistry (AJPAMC)
- International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology (IJEAT)
List of Publications:
- DNA interaction and antimicrobial studies of novel copper(II) complex having ternary Schiff base J. Iranian Chem. Res., 1 (2008) 129
- Spectral, magnetic, biocidal screening, DNA binding and photocleavage studies of mononuclear Cu(II) and Zn(II) metal complexes of tricoordinate heterocyclic Schiff base ligands of pyrazolone and semicarbazide/thiosemicarbazide based derivatives Spectrochim. Acta Part A 76 (2010) 161.
- DNA interaction, enhanced DNA photocleavage, electrochemistry, thermal investigation and biopotential properties of new mixed-ligand complexes of Cu(II)/ VO(IV) based on Schiff bases J. Mol. Struct., 985 (2011) 173-183
- Studies on DNA binding, electrochemical activation, DNA photocleavage and biopotency of N and O donor bidentate-ligands with their coordination properties towards Cu(II), Co(II) and Zn(II) ions J. Coord. Chem.,64 (2011) 534-553
- Synthesis, spectroscopic, electrochemical, DNA Binding and photocleavage studies on coordination compounds of bis(4-aminophenyl)methane based novel Schiff bases Russian J. Inorg. Chem., 56 (2011)759-770
- Investigation of DNA binding mechanism, photoinduced cleavage activity, electrochemical properties and biological functions of mixed ligand copper(II) complexes with benzimidazole derivatives: Synthesis, structural characterization and spectral study J. Enzy.Inhib.Med. Chem., June 2012, Vol. 27, No. 3 : Pages 380-389
- Metallation of ethylenediamine based Schiff base with biologically active Cu(II), Ni(II) and Zn(II) ions: Synthesis, spectroscopic characterization, electrochemical behaviour, DNA binding, photonuclease activity and in vitro antimicrobial efficacy Spectrochim. Acta Part A 79 (2011) 873- 883
- Spectroscopic evidence of Cu(II) and Zn(II) complexes having amino acid based Schiff base: A special emphasis on in vitro antimicrobial, DNA binding and cleavage studies J. Iran. Chem. Res. 4 (2011) 263-279
- New insights into the antibacterial and antifungal activity study of mixed-ligand metal complexes containing tridentate Schiff base COLLEGE SADHANA - Journal for Bloomers of Research, Vol. 3, No. 1, AUGUST 2010
- Synthesis, Characterisation, DNA interaction and antimicrobial studies of novel cobalt(II) complex having ternary Schiff base COLLEGE SADHANA - Journal for Bloomers of Research, Vol. 2, No. 1, AUGUST 2009