Shandong University of Technology
Shandong Provincial Universities Key Laboratory for Functional Agricultural Products, School of Agriculture Engineering and Food Science, Shandong University of Technology 266 Xincun Rd, Zhangdian District, Zibo, Shandong, P.R.China
Generally my research interest is lipid biochemistry and functional lipid biosynthesis. Particularly I am interested in deciphering the key metabolic pathways and signalling pathway involved in lipid metabolism in oleaginous microorganisms. In addition I am also interested in deciphering the link between lipid metabolism and metabolic syndrome and tumorigenesis, and the mechanism of natural bioactive compounds against major metabolic diseases.
- Dr. Y Song is a Professor of Biochemistry, Director of Colin Ratledge Center for Microbial Lipids, Director of Shandong Provincial Universities Key Laboratory for Functional Agricultural Products, at Shandong University of Technology.
- He got his BS degree in chemistry from Suzhou University in 1987, and ME degree in chemical engineering from Beijing Institute of Technology and BGRIMN in 1990.
- From 1997-2001 He did his PhD study in microbial lipid biochemistry with Prof. Colin Ratledge at the University of Hull in England.
- Then Dr Song went to Ohio State University, University of Michigan and Virginia Commonwealth University for his postdoctoral training from 2001 to 2007.
- In Oct 2007, Dr Song joined Central South University (China), as a Shenghua Scholar, Professor of biochemistry, and associate chair of the Department of Biochemistry. In Nov. 2010，Dr Song joined Jiangnan University as a Tai Lake Scholar and Distinguished Professor.
- In Nov. 2015 Dr Song joined Shandong University of Technology as a Distinguished Professor and Director of Colin Ratledge Center for Microbial Lipids.
- His research has been supported by both national (NSFC etc), international (Merieux Fr), and industrial funds.
- He has published more than 60 peer-reviewed articles, and filed 15 patents.
- He is also the member of the editorial board of two international journals.