Cancer Biology, Treatment, Epidemiology, Clinical Trials, Clinical Dermatology, Skin, Melanoma, Psoriasis, Dermatology, Basal, Cell Carcinoma, Dermoscopy, Photodynamic Therapy (PDT), PDT, Skin histopathology.
- Zoe Apalla, MD, PhD, was board certified in dermatology in 2008 at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece.
- She was trained in Dermatopathology at the St John’s Institute of Dermatology, St Thomas’ Hospital, London in 2010, and obtained her PhD degree at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki in 2013.
- Dr Zoe Apalla works as a consultant in the First Dermatology Department of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki since 2010.
- She is in charge of the Supportive Oncology Outpatient Clinic and the Skin Cancer Outpatient Clinic, as well as of the Dermatopathology laboratory of the Department.
- Furthermore, she performs General Dermatology and Inflammatory Dermatoses Outpatient Clinics.
- Her main research fields include skin oncology, melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancer, topical treatments, photodynamic therapy and dermatoscopy.
- She has published more than 100 peer-reviewed scientific articles in international journals.
- She has participated as a co-author in many dermatology books published in English and Greek literature, and she has lectured at many international and national congresses and meetings.
- She is a member of several national and international dermatologic Academies.