Children’s Hospital of Nanjing Medical University,
My major research interest is focused on the role of mPGES-1 in regulation of renal function and blood pressure. PGE2 has very complex roles through its four subreceptors (EP1 to EP4) in modulating the inflammatory response, vascular tone and renal handling of water and salt. mPGES-1 is the best characterized PGE2 synthases and serves as the most promising target in the development of new anti-inflammatory drugs. In past years, my work revealed important actions of mPGES-1 in regulating water and salt metabolism, blood pressure and kidney injury. In addition, my research interests also involve the roles of nuclear receptors PPAR gamma and LXR in regulation of fluid metabolism and kidney injury.
My recent research directions include
- the mechanistic investigation of prostaglandins and nuclear receptors in the control of renal function;
- mitochondrial role in regulating blood pressure and renal function; and
- role of renal inflammation in modulating fluid metabolism
- 2004 Awarded third position in Jilin Province Higher Education Pedagogical Techniques for the teaching material about the examination of nose and ear. Yang L, Wu Y, Chi X, Zhang Y and Jia Z. (China).
- 2007 Travel award winner to attend the Advances in Research Conference (Reactive Oxygen Species) held during ASN’s 2007 Renal Week.
- 2008 Travel award winner to attend the Professional Development Seminar held during ASN’s 2008 renal week.
- 2009 Travel award winner to attend the Advances in Research Conference held during ASN’s 2009 Renal Week.
- 2009 New Investigator Award winner from 63rd Council on High Blood Pressure Research, American Heart Association
- 2010 Postdoctoral fellowship awarded by American Heart Association
- 2010 Travel award winner to attend the Geriatric Nephrology: An Epidemiologic and Clinical Challenge held during ASN’s 2010 Renal Week.
- 2010 Awarded third position in Jiangsu Province scientific technology
- Award: Investigation of the molecular mechanism and the medical intervention of renal fibrosis. (Participant)
- 2011 Scientist Development Grant awarded by National Center of American Heart Association
- 2012 Travel award winner to attend the Advance in Geriatric Nephrology held during 2012 ASN renal week.
- 2013 Awarded second position in Jiangsu Province Scientific Technology
- Award: Role of oxidative stress in the occurrence and progression of CKD and the intervention (Participant)