National Taipei University of Technology
Graduate Institute of Automation Technology
Digital Halftoning, Computer Vision, Color Image Processing, Pattern Recognition, Intelligent Automatic System, Consumer Electronic Imaging Systems (e.g. digital camera, digital display device, printer...)
- Yung-Yao Chen received his B.S. (2004) and M.S. (2006) degrees in Electrical and Control Engineering from the National Chiao Tung University,
- His Ph.D. (2013) degree in Electrical Engineering from Purdue University.
- Before joining National Taipei University of Technology, he has worked in HP Labs - Printing and Content Delivery Lab (HPL - PCDL) as a Research Intern for 1 year (2012 - 2013).
- His current research interests include computer vision, 3D modeling, pattern recognition, color image processing, imaging systems, machine learning, and human-computer interaction.
- PhD: School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Purdue University, USA (Advisor: Prof. Jan P. Allebach)
- MS: Department of Electrical and Control Engineering, National Chiao Tung University (NCTU), Taiwan (Advisor: Prof. Sheng-Fuu Lin)
- BS: Department of Electrical and Control Engineering, National Chiao Tung University (NCTU), Taiwan
- Taipei Municipal Jianguo High School, Taipei, Taiwan
- Assistant Professor, Graduate Institute of Automation Technology, National Taipei University of Technology, Taiwan. (From 2013 - present )
- Full-Time Research Intern, HP Labs. (2012 - 2013, work for HP-Labs, HPL - PCDL)
- Research Assistant, EE, Purdue University, USA ( EISL RA: 2010 - 2012, funded by HP-Indigo)
- Teaching Assistant, EE, Purdue University, USA (TA: 2008 - 2009, Purdue U. ECE)
- Research Assistant, ECE, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan (RA: 2005 - 2006, Image Processing Systems Lab, funded by NSC)
- Honorary Member, Golden Key International Honor Society, 2011
- TA Scholarship, Purdue ECE, 2008
- Honorary Member, Phi-Tau-Phi Scholastic Honor Society, 2006
- Rotary Foundational Scholarship, 2005