30 North 1900 East, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132
Bioengineering Application, Biomaterial Science, Biomedical Engineering, Biomedical science, Biotechnology, Biotechnology Engineering, Cardio Thoracic Surgery, Drug Research, Gene Expressions, Molecular biology, Tissue Engineering Development.
- With a history of published research in the fields of drug delivery systems such as drug delivery, recombinant proteins, cancer nano-therapeutics, cancer gene therapy, and biopolymer carriers,
- My research focuses on the development of innovative strategies to improve the targeted delivery of small molcule drugs, genes, and stem cells by using naturally derived materials, including recombinant fusion proteins.
- My long-term research goal is the development of clinically translatable, biologically based systems to enhance the efficacy of bioactive molecules without the need for synthetic materials.
- I have a broad background in biomaterials science including recombinant protein technology, polymer chemistry, gene delivery/therapy, and small molecule drug delivery.
- My previous work with synthetic materials for drug delivery led me to question why the field of drug delivery has, to the present time, focused on the development of artificial materials rather than naturally derived biomaterials.
- The recombinant fusion protein, a key component of this research, is one such example of a naturally derived biomaterial for drug delivery.