Laboratory of Cognitive Neuroscience
Department of Frontier Health Science
Division of Human Health Science
Graduate School of Tokyo Metropolitan University
Higashi-ogu 7-2-10, Arakawa-ku, Tokyo, 116-8551 Japan
Cognitive Neuroscience, Neuroimaging, Neuroscience, Imaging, Memory, Cognitive Neuropsychology, Brain, Brain Imaging, EEG, Functional Neuroimaging, Neuropsychology, Electroencephalography., fMRI, Event-Related Potentials, Brain Mapping, Diffusion Tensor Imaging, Prefrontal Cortex, Cognition, Evoked Potentials, Magnetoencephalography, Perception, DTI, Self-Esteem, ERP, Cognitive Behavioral, Neurophysiology and Neuromics, Humans.
- Yoshiaki Kikuchi, D. Med. Sci. & Ph.D. is professor of Neuroscience at Graduate School of Tokyo Metropolitan University.
- He is recently interested in the neural basis of ‘love’, especially‘mother’s love’ (The Functional Neuroanatomy of Maternal Love: Mother’s Response to Infant’s Attachment Behaviors. Biological Psychiatry 63; 415-23, 2008;
- Baby’s Little Smiles: Building a Relationship with Mon. How Smiles – and Pouts – Are Helping Researchers Probe the Essence of the Complex Mother-Infant Bond.
- Scientific American Mind Matters Sep 23, 2008), ‘happiness’ (The Brain Feeling Happiness, Chemistry & Chemical Industry, 664, 135-137, 2011), ‘adaptive memory’, ‘self-esteem’ (Gender Differences of Brain Activity in the Conflicts Based on Implicit Self-esteem.
- PLoS ONE 7(5): e37901) and ‘humanity’ (The Neural Basis of Emotion Underlying Human Nature – Its Adaptive Mechanism –, Japanese Journal of Physiological Anthropology 18, No.2, 1-6, 2013;
- The Female Brain Bearing Life.
- The Science Council of Japan Forum, 6, 94-99, 2012).
- In particular, his study on the neural basis of mother’s love with Dr. M. Noriuchi has been reported by The New York Times (Maternal Instinct Is Wired Into the Brain, March 7, 2008), a special article in a scientific magazine (L’instinct maternal est-il universel? Le Monde de l’enfance No.3; 40-44, 2008) and reported by various NetNews.