Room 5045, 675 McDermot Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3E 0V9
Lab phone: 204-787-4106
- Dr. Yongqiang Chen received his Ph.D in microbiology from University of Manitoba in 2005. He undertook his postdoctoral training at CancerCare Manitoba and University of Michigan.
- Currently, he is a research associate at CancerCare Manitoba.
- His expertise lies in autophagy, cell death, oxidative stress and signal transduction.
- He contributed to the pioneer studies in the roles of oxidative stress in autophagy and autophagic cell death, and the switch between procell survival and pro-cell death autophagy plays in cancer cells.
- His research interest is to study the roles of autophagy and various signaling pathways in cancers and other human diseases