School of Pharmaceutical Sciences,
Wuhan, Hubei Province,
Key Laboratory of Combinatorial Biosynthesis and Drug Discovery
Ministry of Education, College of Pharmacy
Wuhan University, Wuhan 430072, P. R. China
- Biosynthesis of the plant’s and bacterial natural products, which includes cloning of the biosynthetic gene cluster, elucidation of the biosynthetic pathway, characterization of novel enzymatic reactions, mining of novel natural products from bacteria, and creation of structural diversity through combinatorial biosynthesis or chemo-biological methods.
- Investigation of the mechanisms underlying the multi-drugs resistance of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus pseudintermedius in pets.
- Yi Yu is an Associate Faculty Member who works with Faculty Member Zixin Deng to recommend the scientific literature in their field.
- July 2010–present Associate Professor, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Wuhan University.
- Ding W., Ji W., Wu Y., Wu R., Liu W., Ma X., Zhang W., Xu P., Deng Z., Tang B., Yu Y.*, Zhang Q*. Biosynthesis of the nosiheptide indole side ring centers on a cryptic carrier protein NosJ. Nature Communications, 2017, 8(1):437. DOI: 10.1038/s41467-017-00439-1
- Yu Y., Zhang Q., Deng Z.*, Parallel pathways in the biosynthesis of aminoglycoside antibiotics. F1000Res. 2017, 6. pii: F1000 Faculty Rev-723. doi: 10.12688/f1000research.11104.1
- Su L, Zhang R, Kyeremeh K, Deng Z, Deng H* and Yu Y.*. Dissection of the neocarazostatin A C4 alkyl side chain biosynthesis by in vitro reconstitution. Organic & Biomolecular Chemistry, 2017, 15(18): 3843-3848
- Su L, Lv M, Kwaku K, Deng Z, Deng H and Yu Y.*, A ThDP-dependent enzymatic carboligation reaction involved in Neocarazostatin A tricyclic carbazole formation, Organic & Biomolecular Chemistry, 2016, 14:8679-8684
- Lv M, Ji X, Zhao J, Li Y, Zhang C, Su L, Ding W, Deng Z, Yu Y.* and Zhang Q*. Characterization of a C3 Deoxygenation Pathway Reveals a Key Branch Point in Aminoglycoside Biosynthesis. J AM CHEM SOC, 2016, 138(20):6427-35
- Huang S., Elsayed S., Lv M., Tabudravu J., Rateb M., Gyampoh R., Kyeremyh K., Ebel R., Jaspars M., Deng Z., Yu Y.* and Deng H.* Biosynthesis of neocarazostatin A reveals the sequential carbazole prenylation and hydroxylation in the tailoring steps. Chemistry & Biology, 2015, 22(12):1633-42
- Lv Meinan, Zhao Junfeng, Deng Zixin and Yu Y.*. Characterization of the biosynthetic gene cluster for benzoxazole antibiotics A33853 reveals unusual assembly logic. Chemistry & Biology, 2015, 22(10):1313-1324
- Huang S, Tabudravu J, Elsayed SS, Travert J, Peace D, Tong MH, Kyeremeh K, Kelly SM, Trembleau L, Ebel R, Jaspars M, Yu Y.* and Deng H*. Discovery of a Single Monooxygenase that Catalyzes Carbamate Formation and Ring Contraction in the Biosynthesis of the Legonmycins. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2015, 54(43):12697-12701
- Huang S, Tong MH, Qin Z, Deng Z, Deng H, Yu Y.*. Identification and characterization of the biosynthetic gene cluster of thiolutin, a tumor angiogenesis inhibitor, in Saccharothrix algeriensis NRRL B-24137. Anticancer Agents Med Chem, 2015, 15(3):277-84.
- Hao C.L., Huang S., Deng Z.X., Zhao C.M., Yu Y.* Mining of the pyrrolamide antibiotics analogs in Streptomyces netropsis reveals the amidohydrolase-dependent "iterative strategy" underlying the pyrrole polymerization. PLOS ONE, 2014, 9(6):e99077.