Name: Yeu Ching Shi
Country: Taiwan, Province of China
Department of Life Science, National Taiwan University , Taipei
Phone no: 886+920-628896
Email: Send an Email
National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan.
Bacteria/Fungi strain isolation, identification and development; microbial genetic and enzyme application; beneficial compounds isolation (from herbal medicine, plant or food); beneficial effects evaluation (anti-oxidative stress, anti-aging, anti-inflammatory; diabetes prevention, Alzheimer’s disease prevention).
1. Monascin from Monascus-Fermented Products Reduces Oxidative Stress and Amyloid-Î² Toxicity via DAF-16/FOXO in Caenorhabditis elegans.
2. Antioxidant Activity and Delayed Aging Effects of Hot Water Extract from Chamaecyparis obtusa var. formosana Leaves.
3. Selenite protects Caenorhabditis elegans from oxidative stress via DAF-16 and TRXR-1.
4. Protective Efficacy of Selenite against Lead-Induced Neurotoxicity in Caenorhabditis elegans.
5. Monascus-Fermented Dioscorea Enhances Oxidative Stress Resistance via DAF-16/FOXO in Caenorhabditis elegans.
6. Monascin from red mold dioscorea as a novel antidiabetic and antioxidative stress agent in rats and Caenorhabditis elegans.
7. Antihypertriglyceridemia and Anti-Inflammatory Activities of Monascus-Fermented Dioscorea in Streptozotocin-Induced Diabetic Rats.
8. Beneficial effects of Monascus purpureus NTU 568-fermented products: A review.
9. Antidepressant Effect of GABA-Rich Monascus-Fermented Product on Forced Swimming Rat Model.
10. Antioxidant and pancreas-protective effect of red mold fermented products on streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats.