1825 University Blvd.
Birmingham AL 35243
Chromatin biology, epigenetic regulation in hematopoiesis, Transcriptional regulation. Protein arginine methyltransferases
- Dr. Xinyang Zhao graduated from Fudan University in Shanghai, China with a B.S. degree in Microbiology.
- He then gained M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Microbiology from SUNY at Buffalo.
- After graduation, he moved to Howard Hughes Medical School in Cold Spring Harbor Lab to study transcriptional regulation in Dr. Nouria Hernandez lab.
- In 2003, Dr. Zhao joined the research group of Dr. Stephen Nimer at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York.
- Dr. Zhao studied protein arginine methyltransferases for their roles in epigenetic and transcriptional regulation using leukemia as disease model.
- He joined the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics and Stem Cell Institute at UAB in August, 2011.