My main research contribution in the past 10 years lies in the elucidation of regulatory mechanisms for the nutrients-sensing mechanistic target of rapamycin (mTOR) signaling pathway and their roles in bone and degenerative bone and joint diseases. Bone biology and bone tissue engineering are currently the focus of my lab.
- I am a professor of Cell Biology/Bone Biology at the Southern Medical University in China.
- I have published 56 journal articles.
- I am a recipient of The National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars in China (2016).
- I have a demonstrated track record on high quality publications, external funding, interdisciplinary collaborative research, and project administration.
- 2008 Program for New Century Excellent Talents in University, China
- 2012 Pearl River Scholar, Guangdong Province, China
- 2016 The National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars in China
- 2016 Leading Talent, Innovative Talents Cultivate Program, Ministry of Science and Technology
- 2016 The Second Prize, National Science and Technology Progress Award