Therapy Services South Suite,
1st Floor, Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham,
University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust,
Mindelsohn Way, Edgbaston,
Birmingham, B15 2WB,
- Renal Nutrition
- Nutrition following Kidney Transplantation
- Nutritional Assessment in Renal Patients
- Dr Chan is currently a Specialist Renal Dietitian at Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham.
- She received her Bachelor's degree in Nutrition and Postgraduate Diploma in Dietetics from King's College, University of London.
- She completed her doctoral research at the University of Birmingham.
- She has a particular clinical and research interest in kidney transplantation and adult polycystic kidney disease.
- She has presented at numerous national and international conferences, and has published in the field.
- Dr Chan's research areas include the assessment of nutritional status and body composition in kidney transplant recipients, and explore the effects of body composition, including fat mass, muscle mass and fluid volume status, on post-transplantation morbidity, depression, fatigue and quality of life.
- Recently, she is investigating the role of adiponectin and endotoxin in endothelial function and inflammation in kidney transplant recipients.
- Additionally, she is examining the benefit of pre-operative nutritional support on post-operative recovery in adult polycystic kidney disease patients undergoing polycystic nephrectomy.