Department of Medicine, Cardiology Division,
New York Medical College/Westchester Medical Center,
- Wilbert S. Aronow MD is Professor of Medicine at New York Medical College/Westchester Medical Center, Valhalla, NY, USA. Dr. Aronow received his MD from Harvard Medical School.
- He has edited 13 books and is author or co-author of 1,455 papers, 305 commentaries or Letters to the Editor, and 1014 abstracts and is presenter or co-presenter of 1,374 talks at meetings.
- Dr. Aronow is a Fellow of the ACC, the AHA, the ACP, the ACCP, the AGS (Founding Fellow of Western Section), and the GSA.
- He has been a member of 112 editorial boards of medical journals, editor-in-chief of 1 journal, co-editor of 2 journals, deputy editor of 1 journal, executive editor of 3 journals, associate editor for 9 journals, and guest editor for 7 other medical journals.
- He has received each year from 2001-2015 an outstanding teacher and researcher award from the medical residents and from 2001-2015 from the cardiology fellows at Westchester Medical Center/New York Medical College.
- He has received awards from the Society of Geriatric Cardiology, the Gerontological Society of America, New York Medical College including the 2014 Chancellor's Research Award, the F1000 Faculty Member of the Year Award for the Faculty of Cardiovascular Disorders in 2011, 2013, and 2014, the Walter Bleifeld Memorial Award for distinguished contributions to clinical research from the International Academy of Cardiology in July, 2010, and a Distinguished Fellowship Award from the International Academy of Cardiology in July, 2012.
- He has been a member of 4 national guidelines committees including being a coauthor of the 2010 AMDA guidelines for heart failure , co-chair and first author of the 2011 ACC/AHA expert consensus document on hypertension in the elderly, a coauthor of the 2015 AHA/ACC/ASH scientific statement on treatment of hypertension in patients with coronary artery disease, and is currently a member of the 2016 ACC/AHA/ AAPA ABC/ACPM/AGS/APhA/ASH/ASPC/NMA/PCNA guideline for the management of patients with hypertension.
- He was a coauthor of a 2015 position paper from the International Lipid Expert Forum. He was a consultant to the American College of Physicians Information and Educational Resource (PIER) on the module of aortic stenosis.
- He is currently a member of the Board of Directors of the ASPC and a member of the ACCP Cardiovascular Medicine and Surgery Network Steering Committee.
- Fellow of the American Geriatrics Society (Founding Fellow of Western Section)
- Founding Fellow of the Society of Geriatric Cardiology
- Fellow of the Gerontological Society of America
- Fellow of the American College of Physicians
- Fellow of the American College of Cardiology
- Fellow of the American Heart Association
- Fellow of the American College of Chest Physicians
- Fellow of the New York Cardiological Society
- Member of the American Federation for Medical Research
- Member of the American Medical Directors Association
- Member of the American Society for Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics