Department of Chemistry,
University of Virginia,
Charlottesville, VA 22904,
Protein post-translational modifications, ESI-MS, MALDI-MS, top-down and middle-down protein MS, IMAC
- Weihan Wang received his B.S. degree in Chemistry from Nanjing University (China) in 2004, and M.S. degree in Analytical Chemistry from Wuhan University (China) in 2006.
- He obtained his Ph.D. degree in Analytical Chemistry at Michigan State University in March 2011, and is now a research associate in Professor Donald Hunt's lab at University of Virginia.
- Dr. Wang's research experience include MS characterization of protein PTMs, middle-down MS/MS, thin films for protein sample treatment, and different separation and affinity purification techniques.
- These work resulted in 11 publications in major proteomics and analytical chemistry journals.
- In addition, Dr. Wang has been invited over 60 times for manuscripts peer-review by major proteomics or analytical chemistry journals.